Vacancies for Immediate Appointments
Applications are invited from Malaysian candidates eager to be the pioneer in a young and rising Membership Based Institution of Asia, and with excellent communication skills (written and oral), capable of being self-starters and work independently with dedication and responsibility, without supervision.
- Head, Secretariat
- At least Degree/Advanced or Higher Graduate Diploma in Business Studies/Administration/Management, Law, Secretarial, media & communication, marketing, literature, journalism or relevant field.
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience in corporate secretariat and office administration at Executive level.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office especially Outlook, Power Point, Excel, Word and IT savvy.
- Ability to work independently without supervision, multitask and with excellent written skills and communicate well with people of all levels.
- A team player, analytical, meticulous, resourceful, with good interpersonal skills.
- Service-driven, dynamic, independent, impartial and neutral: a doer with ability to steer Institute’s business support functions toward a common goal.
- Agile, curious and forward-thinking: ability to question and revisit any action
- Trustworthy and transparent
- Languages: Fluency in English, Mother tongue and a second Asian language
The core responsibility is to provide corporate and secretariat support to the Institute and Governance Council, besides general office administrative services at the HQ in Kuala Lumpur.
- Overall responsibility of all administrative functions of the Institute.
- Develop and update Standard Operating Procedures for the Institute.
- Maintain active link between membership and the Institute at all levels.
- Manage all incoming emails and enquiries from members, public, external agencies, statutory boards and follow-up actions.
- Maintain and update membership approval & subscription system, monthly accounts, payroll and Institute’s records on strictly confidential basis in accordance with Policies of the Institute and PDPA Laws.
- Promote and administer ADR services of the Institute.
- Organise, arrange and coordinate meetings of committees, sub-committees and members.
- Prepare and compile materials for Governance Council and Committee Meetings.
- Plan, schedule, organize meetings and prepare agendas and circulate to respective committee members in a timely manner, including attend and prepare minutes of meetings, send meeting materials to committee members in a timely manner.
- Renewal of Council and Committee members and updating of records at Government offices in coordination with Company Secretary, Accountant and Auditors.
- Process IPC (Institutions of a Public Character) related grants, exemptions and listings with relevant authorities.
- Maintain and update Governance Manual.
- Manage staff and resources of the Institute efficiently and in a productive manner.
- All other corporate secretariat and related duties.
2. Senior Executive – Membership and Marketing Communications
- Possess a good bachelor’s degree/ Advanced Diploma in English, Mass Communications, Law, Political Science or Business Administration.
- Possess 2-3 years of relevant working experience, fresh graduates with a keen interest in event organizing and membership development and management may also apply.
- Motivated, able to work under pressure and possess good interpersonal skills.
- Have a strong command of both written and spoken English.
- Methodical, organized and a cheerful team player.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, preferably with a particularly good working knowledge in MS Access.
- Must be able to work independently with responsibility and efficiency.
Brief Overview of Duties & Responsibilities:
- The core responsibility is to develop new members and manage all membership related matters of the Institute and Governance Council, besides marketing and managing events and courses in Asia.
- Managing all membership related functions of the Institute, including stewardship and maintaining good, close relationships with members and donors. This involves addressing all enquiries, maintaining records, regular updates, creating and managing touch points with members and finding avenues to add value to the Institute’s membership.
- Coordinating, administering and managing conferences events and courses; ensuring the management of speakers, faculty members and administration for the success of the Institute’s events. This involves all aspects of event management —planning, budgeting, liaising with speakers, booking venues, arranging for participant registration, communicating with the media, preparing conference kits, managing event secretariats, managing the event on site, and post-event follow-ups.
- Building relationships with IPC supportive industries and develop Corporate Membership by meeting, introducing and briefing them on the benefits and schemes under the Corporate Membership Programme.
- Supporting the donor acquisition process for fundraising efforts. This involves research and identification of prospective donors; sending out and following up on appeals; and processing the gifts received. It also involves the process of renewing support from existing donors.
- Assisting in general administrative duties such as maintaining the Institute’s database used in the invitation of participants for events, and any ad-hoc duties assigned.
- Assisting the Head, Secretariat and working closely to fulfil the Institute’s secretarial duties.
- Manage all editorial & digital communications, produce regular content for website, focusing on business activities, Institute’s core values, culture, and advertise content on digital channels to deliver communication to members and other stakeholders and manage Institute’s Newsletters and Journals.
Interested Candidates are invited to apply in confidence with comprehensive resume, supporting documents, latest photograph, expected salary and career statement to: email@example.com latest by 31 May 2020.